ad2.banner

Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Product

Bought a new item today. So the main reason I started the solar idea is because whenever I plug something in to the 12v adapter, like a cell phone charger my gas mileage goes way down. Since my car runs on half electric, this makes sense. So I bought this item that charges an internal battery off solar (or USB power), to then power.... anything you need while driving, your GPS, cell phone, etc. The best part is that comes with suction cups, no custom install work - and you can leave this in your car to charge, then take it with you if you know your phone is going to die. FREE PORTABLE ENERGY FOR YOUR CELL PHONE! 


Pending the new arrival of possibly the best product of the YEAR!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very curious to read about your experiences with this thingy! I'm very interested, as I am looking for something like that to keep my phone charged, or run my satnav from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely post my experience with this. I have a GPS that does not hold a charge and always needs power. One thing I like about this product is that it SHOULD always have a charge. While you are taking power away from the internal battery (during hours in the sun) it charges itself - so there is a constant cycle of power flowing, to the internal battery then to your device. Question is how long will it run a GPS before the internal battery dies completely, and will a solar charge be enough to run the GPS once the internal battery dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my product and had some time to check this thing out. First impression, this thing just feels cheap! It is very light so I think they could have add more battery power just off of the weight. The solar panel feels as if it will pop right out over time so be careful peeling the plastic off it comes with. The suctions cups it comes with must be put over the solar panel so thats also kinda weak. Does it work as intended? YEP! At 100% battery this charged my cell phone and iPOD touch before dieing. Puvomun to answer your question I charged this back to 100% and it ran my tomtom one, it charged the battery on the gps to 100% and then died. The gps lasted another hour. So yes this is a good idea if it is fully charged at night, you can get approx 2.5 hours of drive time with out using electrical power from your car. (Thats combination of solar battery and gps charghed up). This also does not require direct sunlight to charge, in addition, it will charge while in use and under most fluorescent lighting.

    ReplyDelete